Te Horo School is a vibrant country school located in the heart of Pipiwai (just 40km from Whangarei). The tranquil environment, with views of local maunga, offers the perfect setting to deliver a first class education where children are encouraged to make their dreams a reality.
Our school caters to rural students from Years 1 to 8. We have a swimming pool, adventure playground, sandpit, large cycle track, basketball court, full rugby field, raised garden beds, well stocked library and a modern multi-purpose room, sports, arts and eco programmes are also actively encouraged and participated in. We are located straight across the road from Tau Henare Marae and so have strong ties to that facility, giving our students many opportunities to participate in marae based activities and events.
We are fortunate to have a bus run servicing the school. The bus run picks up all our tamariki from the school to Lovatt Road.
Key Features of Our School:
• Modern learning environments, utilising technology to deliver powerful learning programmes
• Small enough to focus on each and every learner, but big enough to offer a wide variety of learning opportunities
• Whole school activities: Book Week, Jump Jam, Taniwha Challenges, camps, sports days and events
• Professional, dedicated and experienced staff
• Rural school life and ‘family’ environment
• Bus transport
Our School History
Policies and Procedures